JH Public Art celebrated PARK(ing) Day on September 21, 2018 in downtown Jackson. PARKing Day is a worldwide event where artists, designers, and citizens transform parking spots into temporary public parks. PARKing Day helps us imagine public space for people instead of cars and highlights the inspiring work of local designers and artists to increase pedestrian vitality in the downtown.
This year’s PARKing Day participants included:
KHOL, Jackson/Teton County Affordable Housing, GYDE Architects and New West Building Company, Jorgensen Engineering, Carney Logan Burke Architects, Farmer Payne Architects with Cowboy Coffee, Kilmain Painting, Bland Hoke, and Bronwyn Minton.
1) Bronc Pride by TCSD #1
2) Time out to Contemplate by Connie Wieneke, Jocelyn Slack, & Teton County Library
3) The Campout by The Grand Pan
4) Local Artists’ Exhibition by Jackson Hole Public Art
5) Pearl Street Hollow by Adam Connor
6) Outpost by Walter Gerald
7) The Boombox by KHOL
8) 100 Drawn Faces by Cal Brackin and Derek Collins
9) Pop In For Our Pop Up Art! by Horizon Fine Art Gallery
10) Words of Wonder by Center of Wonder