PARK(ing) Day is an annual worldwide event where artists, designers, and citizens transform parking spots into temporary public parks and art installations. In 2018, JH Public Art will organize Jackson’s third year of this event where local citizens and organizations will redesign parking spots into temporary creative places for new social interactions and artistic expression. PARK(ing) Day occurs every year on the third Friday of September so we will see you on September 21st.
Jackson Hole Public Art cares about quality design of public space. It’s important to consider our pedestrian residents and visitors with as much care as we do our vehicles. Our community values alternative transportation and creative perspectives that illuminate new ways of doing things. These kinds of activities help us consider human-use space, alternative transportation, and examine our community values.
Last year, 2017 PARK(ing) Day participants included:
1) Bronc Pride by TCSD #1
2) Time out to Contemplate by Connie Wieneke, Jocelyn Slack, & Teton County Library
3) The Campout by The Grand Pan
4) Local Artists’ Exhibition by Jackson Hole Public Art
5) Pearl Street Hollow by Adam Connor
6) Outpost by Walter Gerald
7) The Boombox by KHOL
8) 100 Drawn Faces by Cal Brackin and Derek Collins
9) Pop In For Our Pop Up Art! by Horizon Fine Art Gallery
10) Words of Wonder by Center of Wonder