Jackson Hole Public Art celebrates PARK(ing) Day on September 21st from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm in downtown Jackson. PARKing Day is a worldwide event where artists, designers, and citizens transform parking spots into temporary public parks. PARKing Day helps us imagine public space for people instead of cars and highlights the inspiring work of local designers and artists to increase pedestrian vitality in the downtown.
This year’s PARKing Day participants include:
KHOL, Jackson/Teton County Affordable Housing, GYDE Architects and New West Building Company, Jorgensen Engineering, Carney Logan Burke Architects, Farmer Payne Architects, Kilmain Painting, Bland Hoke, and Bronwyn Minton
We are very excited about the diversely talented participants who will be transforming our downtown for one day. Maps will be available at each location. PARKing Day is free and open for all to experience.
1) Bronc Pride by TCSD #1
2) Time out to Contemplate by Connie Wieneke, Jocelyn Slack, & Teton County Library
3) The Campout by The Grand Pan
4) Local Artists’ Exhibition by Jackson Hole Public Art
5) Pearl Street Hollow by Adam Connor
6) Outpost by Walter Gerald
7) The Boombox by KHOL
8) 100 Drawn Faces by Cal Brackin and Derek Collins
9) Pop In For Our Pop Up Art! by Horizon Fine Art Gallery
10) Words of Wonder by Center of Wonder